- submitted by Dahlia on 10-28-2008
Thin Poha ( Pressed rice) - 2 cups
Puffed Rice - 1 cup
(You can use 3 cups of only pressed rice or puffed rice too)
Oil - 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 strand
Green Chillies - 2-3 (or to taste - finely chopped)
Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia) - 3 tblsp
Roasted Peanuts - 3 tblsp
Raisins - 1 tblsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp (or to taste)
Amchur Powder/ Citric Acid - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
1. Microwave the poha and puffed rice together in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes. Stir after every 30 seconds.
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter the mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
3. Add the turmeric powder, salt and amchur powder in the oil itself.
4. Add this tadka to the poha and puffed rice mixture along with roasted peanuts, raisins, dalia and sugar.
5. Toss everything together until the turmeric powder and the salt coats the poha nicely.
6. Microwave the mixture again for another 1 minute.
7. After it cools down, you can store it in an airtight container for up to a month and enjoy as a healthy snack with tea.