- Submitted by Dahlia on 12th Dec 2008
(Pasta with Kheema and Greena)
Pasta - 2 cups
- Kheema - 1 lb (Any ground meat like ground chicken, turkey, beef or pork. For vegetarian version, soya granules can be used)
- Vegetables - 1 cup (Any vegetables like carrot, celery, green leafy vegetable, capsicum etc can be used can be used. I've used beet leaves in this.)
- Onion - 1 (Finely chopped)
- Ginger - Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Tomato puree/ Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
- Chilly Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Power, Cumin Powder, Fennel Powder - 1 tsp each
- Garam Masala - a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Butter/ Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
Bring a big potful of water to boil. Add little salt to it and add the pasta. Let it cook according to the package instructions.
- In the mean time, heat the oil/butter in a pan, add the kheema and let it cook for 5 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, chilly sauce and all the dry masala powders (coriander, cumin, fennel, turmeric powder and garam masala).
- After 2 minutes add the vegetable that you want to add and required salt and let it cook for few minutes till the vegetable is cooked.
- Finally add the cooked pasta and toss everything together. Add some finely chopped cilantro and serve. You can even add some shredded cheese while tossing the pasta.
- For vegetarian version, you can use soya granules or crumbled paneer.
More Pasta & Noodles Recipes