- Submitted by Eliza on 14th Jul 2009
Chaat With Samosa
Recipe For Samosa Chaat
Samosas - 4
- Boiled Peas - 1/2 cup (You can use white peas, chik peas, green peas, yellow peas or black channa)
- Yogurt (Curd) - 1 cup (beaten with little salt and sugar)
- Tamarind Chutney - as needed
- Green Chutney - as needed
- Roasted Cumin Powder - to sprinkle (app. 1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilly Powder - to sprinkle (app. 1/4 tsp)
- Chaat masala - to sprinkle (app. 1/2 tsp)
- Onions - handful (finely chopped)
- Tomato - handful (chopped)
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Sev and/or Bhoondhi - 1/2 cup
The samosas should be crispy for the chaat to taste good. So put the samosas in the oven or fry in hot oil just for a minute if the samosas are not crispy enough.
- Arrange a couple of samosas in a serving dish and smash it with your hands. You can also cut the samosas into 2-3 pieces with a knife.
- Put some boiled peas along with the boiled water over the smashed samosas.
- Top it with some chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro, tamarind chutney and green chutney.
- Pour the beaten yogurt over the top.
- Sprinkle some red chilly powder, cumin powder and chaat masala over the yogurt.
- Finally sprinkle sev and/or boondhi on top and serve immediately. Serve this as an appetizer or as an evening snack.
You can also add few drops of lemon juice on top.
- The amount of each ingredient can be varied as per individual taste.
- You could use onions pakodas instead of samosas and make pakoda chaat.
More Chaat Recipes