- recipe by raji ramakrishnan submitted on 02-14-2012
Brown bread slices broken into pieces - 6 slices
Onion large sliced - 2 nos
Oil - 2 tblsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urid dal - 1 tsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Lime juice - ½ lemon
Asafoeitida - a pinch
Dosa molakai podi - 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp (optional)
Few curry leaves
Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbs (for garnishing)
- You can add vegetables of your choice viz. green peas, chopped carrots,beans etc.
1. Take a kadai and heat it. Pour oil when the oil becomes hot add mustard seeds, urid dal.
2. When it splutters and urid dal become brown, add curry leaves, sliced onion and sauté for two minutes.
3. Add asfoeitida, salt, dosa molakai podi and the bread slices. Sprinkle little water on top of the bread pieces and stir well. Cover it cook for two minutes.
4. Switch off the gas. Wait for two minutes.
5. Open the lid, sprinkle lime juice, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot. This can be had with or without chutney.