- Submitted by Dahlia
(Cream Of Broccoli Soup, Creamy Broccoli Soup, Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe, Broccoli Potato Soup)
Broccoli soup is another creamy and tasty soup that is definitely worth trying. The creaminess of the potato and fresh cream together with the flavors of garlic and cilantro masks the flavor of broccoli. It is so tasty that even those who do not like broccoli can try it. I love to serve it with some homemade croutons and kids do not even realize they are eating such a healthy broccoli.
Recipe for Broccoli Soup
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves : A family of 2 adults and 2 kids
- Broccoli – 3 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 1 (chopped)
- Onion – (roughly chopped)
- Capsicum (Bell Pepper) – ½ (chopped)
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Cilantro – 1 sprig
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh Cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Water/Chicken stock/Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the onions, garlic, capsicum, potato, cilantro and broccoli.
- Saute for couple of minutes and add the flour. Fry for another minute.
- Add 1 cup of water or stock and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Switch off and cool it a bit. Blend it in a blender or mixie.
- Return the pureed soup back to the soup pot. Add the remaining stock or water and heat it.
- Add salt, pepper powder, cumin powder. Adjust consistency and seasonings according to your taste.
- Finally add the cream and switch off. Broccoli soup is ready to be served
- Server the hot broccoli soup with some croutons.
More Broccoli Recipes