- submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
Dill has been used since ancient times. Today, it is used in salads, to make pickles, in soups, and other dishes. It's a great way to add extra flavour to a dish without drastically increasing the calorie or fat content of a meal. Even though most people only use dill as a flavour enhancer in their dishes, there are actually many other reasons why dill should be eaten.
Recipe For Dill Rice
- Cooked rice (left over rice can be used) - 1 cup
- Dill leaves (chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Green chilli - 1
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Turmeric (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add the slit green chilli and sauté for few seconds and then add the chopped dill leaves.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt required for the dill leaves.
- Sprinkle little water (3-4 tbsp), cover it and cook till the water dries up.
- Add the rice, salt and mix well. Dill rice is ready
- Serve the dill rice hot with plain curd or raita.
- I am not suggesting pickle or papad since it is a diet meal.
- You can make Dill Pulao or Dill Masala Bath by using the spices as per your choice.
More Pulao Recipes