- Submitted by Dahlia
(Vegan Tea with Ginger)
Jump to recipe ↓
We all are familiar with the everyday chai in India - Ginger Cadamom Tea, the recipe of which I have already shared. There is also a vegan alternative version of the ginger tea, in case one prefers it light on the stomach. A dash of lemon in your tea and ginger lemon tea is all ready. Ginger lemon tea also makes up as an excellent detox drink that will eliminate all toxins from the body, increase satiety and reduce the feeling of hunger. Ginger and lemon together make a powerful combination that increases our metabolism and burn more calories. Lemon and ginger are also excellent at fighting infections, shortening the duration of cold and cough.
Recipe for Ginger Tea
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Water - 2 cups
- Tea - 2 tsp ( or 2 tea bags)
- Ginger - 1/2" piece (crushed)
- Lemon - 1/2
- Sugar/ Honey - to taste
- Take water in a sauce pan and boil. Add crushed ginger to this.
- Simmer for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the tea leaves or tea bags and switch off. Squeeze the lemon juice into this.
- Cover and leave it for a minute for the flavours to blend.
- Strain the tea to a cup. Add honey or sugar to taste. Garnish with a lemon slice and mint leaf.
- Enjoy it after a heavy meal or as a refreshing drink. This type of tea could be served hot or cold. For serving cold, refrigerate and add few ice cubes while serving.
More Hot Beverage Recipes