- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Chakkakuru Thoran, Palakottai Poriyal)
Everyone loves to eat jackfruit. The subzi made out of the seeds are also tasty as the jackfruit. In various methods, we can use the same. But i am presenting chakakuru thoran (jackfruit seeds thoran). Hope you will enjoy the same.
Recipe For Jackfruit Seeds Sabzi
- 1 cup Finely chopped jackfruit seeds
- Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urid dal
- 1 Red chilli broken into pieces
- Curry leaves
- Pinch of asafoetida.
- 2 tsp Grated coconut
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- Heat a kadai and pour 2-3 tsp oil. When it becomes hot, add the mustard seeds, urid dal, broken chilly, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- When it splutters add the jackfruit seeds, turmeric powder, salt and saute for 5 minutes. Then cover it with a plate.
- Pour water in the plate and allow to cook the same till it is soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Meantime grind the coconut, green chilly, cumin seed.
- when it is cooked softly, add the coconut mix. Mix well. Jackfruit seeds sabzi is ready to be served.
- Jackfruit seeds sabzi is best when served hot as a side dish for rice along with sambar.
More Jackfruit Recipes