- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
Jump to recipe ↓
We all are familiar with the Kothamalli Podi. It is yummy with the curd rice. I used to put oil in it and eat with dosa also. My sister in law gave me three lemon sized ball of the kothamalli podi. I thought i will try a hand on it with sevai.
Recipe For Kothamalli Sevai
- I had some ready made sevai with me - Concord sevai. I used 1 cup of sevai (cooked one)
- 1/2 Kothamalli balls (You can see in the picture)
- 1 tbsp Peanut
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Oil
- Few curry leaves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Salt as per taste.
Normally when you make the ready made sevai (boil water with salt, immerse the dry sevai in it, cover and keep it for 2 minutes and strain it), salt is added in it. So when you prepare the sevai just check the salt and add only if you want.
- Heat a kadai, put oil, when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal and peanuts.
- When it is done, just spread the kothamalli podi in it.
- Then add asafoetida and cooked sevai. Mix well.
- Remove from the kadai and serve hot with chutney or just have it with plain papad.
You can add fresh grated coconut for garnishing.
More Indian Noodle Recipes