- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10th March 2013
We all are familiar with the Kothamalli Podi. It is yummy with the curd rice. I used to put oil in it and eat with dosa also. My sister in law gave me three lemon sized ball of the kothamalli podi. I thought i will try a hand on it with sevai.
I had some ready made sevai with me - Concord sevai. I used 1 cup of sevai (cooked one)
1/2 Kothamalli balls (You can see in the picture)
1 tbsp Peanut
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Urad dal
2 tsp Oil
Few curry leaves
Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Salt as per taste.
Normally when you make the ready made sevai (boil water with salt, immerse the dry sevai in it, cover and keep it for 2 minutes and strain it), salt is added in it. So when you prepare the sevai just check the salt and add only if you want.
1. Heat a kadai, put oil, when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal and peanuts.
2. When it is done, just spread the kothamalli podi in it.
3. Then add asafoetida and cooked sevai. Mix well.
4. Remove from the kadai and serve hot with chutney or just have it with plain papad.
You can add fresh grated coconut for garnishing.