- Submitted by Dahlia
(Indian Cottage Cheese Paratha, Paneer Stuffed Paratha, Paneer Stuffed Roti)
Paneer Paratha is another variety of stuffed parathas, which is a favorite among kids. The Indian variety of cottage cheese called paneer is stuffed within roti. Traditionally the paneer is made fresh at home but you can also use store bought one. The Paneer paratha is flavored with some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder. You can also make a sweet version of the parathas by mixing the crumbled cheese with some sugar and cardamom powder.
Recipe For Paneer Paratha
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Whole-wheat flour (Atta) – 1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) – ¼ cup
- Paneer – 1 cup (crumbled)
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee/Oil – to roast the parathas
- Take the atta, maida, some salt and mix it together. Add water little by little and keep kneading to form soft, pliable dough. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes while you get the other things ready.
- Crumble the paneer with your hands. Mix in the salt, chaat masala and roasted cumin powder. Also mix in the finely chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Make lemon sized balls with the dough as well as with the paneer mixture. The above measurement makes about 5-6 balls.
- Roll out one dough to a small circle about 3” in diameter. Add a ball of the paneer mixture in the middle.
- Gather the edges of the rolled out dough and bring it to the center to cover the stuffing. Seal it and pinch out the excess dough if any.
- Flatten it with your hands. Flour the surface and roll it out into 5” diameter parathas. While rolling, roll towards the edges of the paratha to prevent the stuffing from coming out. Repeat with all the balls.
- Heat a griddle and place the paratha carefully. Cook on one side till small bubbles appear.
- Drizzle few drops of oil or ghee. Flip the paratha and cook the other side too.
- Serve with spiced curd and some pickle.
More Roti Varieties