- recipe by Manaswita submitted on April 4th 2013
Papaya - 1 (about 250 gms)
Milk - about 1.5 cups
Bay leaves - 2
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tblsp
Vadi (Bori - These are nuggets made of ground lentil and dried) - 10-15 small ones
Oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar - to taste
Salt - to taste
White mustard seeds - 1 tblsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tblsp
1. Cut the papaya into small pieces and cook it till it becomes soft. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
2. Make a paste of mustard seeds and poppy seeds. Keep it aside.
3. Heat the kadai, pour some oil and fry the Vadis (Bori). Keep it aside.
4. Pour 2 tblsp oil and add the fenugreek seeds. Let it crackle. Remove it from the oil.
5. Now add the bay leaves into the same oil. Add the mustard seeds and poppy seeds paste. Mix well.
6. Now add the boiled papaya, salt, bori and sugar. Mix it well. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Now add the milk and cover it with a lid. Cook again for 10 minutes.
Serve with rice.