- Submitted by Beryl
(Fried Rice with Fresh Fruits)
Jump to recipe ↓
Today, I prepared pineapple fried rice as we have few guests in our home. Pineapple fried rice is a sweet type of fried rice prepared mainly using the ripe pineapple and few veggies. The kids enjoy this due to its sweetness. Let’s see how to make this rice.
Recipe For Pineapple Fried Rice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Very ripe juicy pineapple -1
- Corn - 1/3 cup
- Green peas - 1/3 cup
- Grated carrot -1
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 4
- Salt - as necessary
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts - one handful
- Remove the skin of pineapple and grate it using a vegetable grater. Throw the hard inner part of pineapple.
- In a open pan, keep sufficient water ( about- 5-6 cups) and boil the rice. Remove from the stove when it is cooked 3/4 th. Do not overcook the rice.
- Heat a pan, and add ghee into it.
- Now add cashew nuts and sauté till it becomes golden brown colour.
- Now add corn, green peas and carrot, salt and stir till it is slightly fried.
- Now add the cooked rice and stir.
- Now add the grated pineapple and mix for few minutes.
- Remove from the stove and mix gently.
- In a separate pan, add some ghee and put egg, salt and pepper and stir continuously till it becomes small pieces.
- Transfer the egg pieces into the pineapple fried rice and mix well.
- Pineapple fried rice is ready to serve with some pickle, papad or raita.
- The pineapple has to be really juicy and sweet.
- Do not use half ripe pineapple.
- You can skip the egg if you don’t like it.
More Rice Recipes