- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 09-16-2012
(Tofu Bhurji, Paneer Burji, Vegan Scambled Egg)
Tofu/ Paneer - 1/2 lb (grated/scrambled)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 (chopped or slit)
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chicken Masala - 2 tsp (You can also use 1/2 tsp each of chilly powder, corriander powder and cumin powder instead)
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Corriander Leaves - handful (chopped)
Coconut (grated) - 1/4 cup
Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
1. Heat oil in a pan and pop the mustard seeds.
2. Add the onions and green chillies. Saute them till it becomes soft.
3. Add the scrambled paneer and toss well. (You can add other vegetables like carrot, capsicum, green peas etc and cook it before adding the paneer.)
4. Add pepper powder, chicken masala and salt.
5. Stir fry on a medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
6. Switch off and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Vegetarians can make this veg scrambled egg with paneer and vegans can enjoy this with tofu.
- You can add grated coconut, chopped tomatoes, chaat masala etc while making the burji and enjoy in different flavours.
- This can be served as a sidedish for chappatti, naan, phulka or rice.
- It can be stuffed inside bread to make sandwiches.