- Submitted by Aishwarya
Recipe For Tricolour Rava Cake
- 1 cup rava (semolina, suji)
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup ghee
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of green and orange edible food colour
- ½ tsp ghee for greasing the plate.
- Mi x the rava, sugar, milk, ghee in a kadai and heat the same.
- When the sugar melts completely, divide the mix into three equal parts. This is your base.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1 tsp milk or water and add the green colour and in another bowl, make the orange colour and keep aside.
- In a kadai, take out first portion of the base, add the green colour and heat the same. Add cardamom powder,cook the same till it starts leaving the sides of kadai. Transfer the same into the greased plate and spread evenly.
- Take out the second portion of the base, add cardamom powder, cook the same in a kadai till it starts leaving the sides of kadai and transfer them on the green layer evenly.
- Now add the third portion of the base, add cardamom powder, orange colour, cook the same in a kadai till it starts leaving the sides of the kadai and transfer the same on to the white layer and spread evenly.
Ensure that it should not become hard. If it becomes hard, it will be difficult to cut.Allow to cool and cut into the desired shape. The tricolor rava cake is ready.
More Tricolour Recipes