- Submitted by Dahlia
(Soup with Carrot and Tomato)
Jump to recipe ↓
Carrot Tomato Soup is one of the first soups that I tried after I started cooking. I always loved soups and never missed to order one when I go to restaurants. I tasted this carrot soup at my friends house and loved it. I feel this soup used to be one of the common soups made in many homes before many other soups took over.
Carrot Tomato Soup is a quick to make, healthy and filling soup that is perfect for rainy or winter days. It is another way of making kids eat vegetables. This soup can be had an evening snack, for dinner or as an appetizer.
Recipe For Carrot Tomato Soup
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Tomatoes – 4
- Carrots – 3
- Onion – 1
- Garlic Cloves – 5 cloves
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- Italian Herbs – 1 tsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tsp
- Melt the butter in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds.
- Add the garlic cloves and roughly chopped onion. Saute for couple of minutes till it becomes transparent.
- Add roughly chopped carrots and tomatoes. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add about 3 cups water, close the cooker and cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, strain the cooked vegetables and puree it.
- Transfer it back to the cooker. Add required salt and mixed herbs.
- Take corn flour in ¼ cup of room temperature water and mix it. Add this to the soup mixture.
- Switch on the cooker again and bring to a boil. The soup will thicken and glazy.
- Switch off. Add black pepper powder to taste. If you have fresh cream on hand, drizzle about 2 tbsp to make the soup extra creamy.
- This soup can be served with bread croutons or bread sticks as an appetizer.
- You can also serve it with focaccia bread to make it a complete meal.
More Carrot Recipes
More Tomato Recipes