-Submitted by Trupti
Jump to recipe ↓
Koshimbir is a typical Maharashtrian salad served on the left side of plate as an accompaniment to the main dish.Its easy to make, crunchy, refreshing and cool for the tummy. It’s main ingredients are raw/uncooked veggies and curd. Seasoning variations are individual choices. Generally in winter curd is avoided. Seasonal raw vegetables are served. The commonly used ones are onion, tomatoes, cucumber, radish and carrot. Koshimbir is also a side dish served during fasting days in Maharashtra. So here is a cucumber salad or kakadichi koshimbir.
Recipe For Kakdichi Koshimbir
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute
- Cucumber - 2 or 3
- Danyacha kut (roasted ground peanut) - 1/4 cup
- Curd (Dahi) -1.5 cup
- Coriander leaves (Kothimbir) - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chilli - 2-3 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch (finely grated)
- Cumin (Jeera) powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze all the water out of it.
- Add danyacha kut (roasted ground peanuts), chopped coriander leaves, green chilies, grated ginger, cumin powder, salt, sugar and curd.
- Give a good mix.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- You can also give tadka (seasoning). For that just heat 2 tsp ghee in a tadka pan. When ghee becomes hot, switch off gas stove and add jeera and green chilies. Let it splutter. Pour it on the koshimbir and mix properly.
- Serve this as an accompaniment with any roti or rice variety along with other curry.
- People on diet can have this as a salad.