-Submitted by Trupti
(Sesame and Jageery Ladoo)
Jump to recipe ↓
Tilgul is a must to have laddu made on Makarsankranti festival at Maharashtra. Tilgul is made with simple ingredients like sesame seeds, gulacha pak (syrup) or even sakhar pak. However, patience and practice are a must to make pakawale tilgul. Also, they have to roll the laddu in a fast pace when the mixture is hot. Tilkutache ladoo are simply quick and easy to prepare. This is a same as the mixture used for gul poli. It is made in many ways within the state of Maharashtra.
Recipe for Tilgul Laddu
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Sesame Seeds (unpolished til) - 1 cup
- Roasted groundnut (optional) - 1/4 cup
- Organic jaggery - 1 1/4 cup
- Elachi (cardamom) and Nutmeg powder - for flavoring
- In an iron kadai dry roast til (sesame seeds). (Note: Til should always be roasted on slow to medium flame as it might burn. Also, til needs to be roasted covered. Roasting til hardly takes 5-7 minutes and nice aroma comes out.)
- Once the til is roasted, move it to a plate to cool down.
- Once cooled, grind roughly to powder form using pulser mode. This is called tilkutt. (If you want to add danyacha kutt then roast groundnut, once slightly cooled peel and grind to powder.)
- Remove both kutt (powder) onto a plate.
- Now in the same mixie jar, add chopped jaggery (gul) and grind it for 1 min. It will become a soft sticky ball.
- Add both powders (kutt) to mixie jar and grind it. This helps to mix everything evenly.
- Remove the mixture in a plate. Add cardamom/ nutmeg powder and give a good mix.
- Now start rolling ladoo. Laddu size is mostly lemon sized.
NOTE: Ideally tilgul is only til and gul. However, you can add ground-nut and flavors of cardamom/nutmeg. Using til and gul alone is also amazing.
Tilgul gya god god bola
More Laddu Recipes