- Submitted by Dahlia
(Indian independence day Pizza)
Jump to recipe ↓
What better than Pizza on a holiday? Kids and adults equally enjoy it. In our house, for every Indian independence day (August 15th) and Republic Day (January 26th), we try to make something in tri-colour to make the day special.
Similarly this year my son suggested making tri-colour Pizza since we had just bought Pizza Base. So we started making it with whatever ingredients were at home. I made Pizza using store bought Pizza base and Sauce. So the recipe was quick and simple to make. I’ve used Carrot, Olives, Capsicum and Jalapenos today. You can use spinach, red capsicum if you have. Similarly you can make the chakra in the middle with black olives if you have. It’s all based on individual preference and ingredient availability. Do try it out.
Recipe for Tri-colour Pizza
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Pizza Base – 2
- Pizza Sauce – 5-6 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Mozzarella Cheese – 1 cup (grated)
- Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup (grated)
- Orange Toppings – Carrot Slices, Red Jalapenos (As needed)
- Green Toppings – Green Capsicum, Green Olives (as needed)
- Take the pizza base in a plate. Apply a thin layer of olive oil with a brush.
- Spread generously with pizza sauce.
- Spread grated cheese all over the pizza base.
- On the top 1/3rd of the pizza, arrange the carrot slices and red jalapenos.
- Similarly in the bottom 1/3rd, arrange the green capsicum and olives.
- In the middle add some additional cheese to highlight the white colour. Your tricolour pizza is assembled and ready to go into the oven.
- Bake it for 20 minutes in a 200 degree oven. Enjoy hot.