-Submitted by Dahlia
(Indian Fridge Organisation Tips, Fridge and Freezer Hacks)
Refrigerator has become an essential part of our life. It helps in keep food fresh longer, saving left overs, storing fruits and vegetables, water bottles etc. It is equally important to keep the fridge neat and organized. If not, it will become really difficult to locate items in your own fridge. The clutter in fridge will not give you a fresh mood. Also you will end up with lot of food wastage.
Here I have given my top 10 tips to keep your refrigerator under your control. What I mean is that you know exactly what all is present in your fridge and in which place. Nothing comes as a surprise to you after a long time.
10 Tips For Organizing Refrigerator
- Before every shopping trip or at least once in a month, take out every single item from the fridge, check for expiry dates and discard spoilt items that are out of date or items you will not likely use. This will free up space to keep fridge organized.
- Clean out both your fridge and your freezer to remove drips, stains etc. regularly. Make it part of your household cleaning routine. Doing so will make it easier to know what you have and what you still need, in addition to keeping the areas clean.
- Plan how to organize all the items that go into the fridge by size. Some shelves are bigger while some are smaller. Doing so will create a function for each shelf and make it much easier to locate your small, hard to see items. Store items in jars or bottles in the refrigerator door and bagged items in the freezer door.
- Set a place for each item. Since most people purchase the same items and same brands over and over again, setting your shelves and drawers will save lot of time in the long run. For e.g: Have a specific place for bread, for milk products, for nuts etc.
- Buy some adjustable shelves, baskets, divided boxes and drawers, found readily in most supermarkets or online. This will maximize shelf space because the items stay in one place and the baskets can be stacked.
- Put shelf liners, mats or just a plastic wrap in order to make clean up easier. You just have to remove the liners and clean them.
- While arranging, keep the most often used items in front for easy access to the whole family. Pre-washed fresh fruit, veggies and nuts can be kept within reach so that it is convenient to grab a healthy snack anytime.
- If needed label your items before storing them. Regular organization will make you familiar with the location of items however labeling is helpful for your family members to easily pick what they want. Also note down expiry dates of items to finish them on time.
- To combat odors keep an open box of baking soda in the back corner. Cotton ball soaked in vanilla extract or a slice of lemon can also be kept on a bowl in the fridge to give a fresher smell.
- Note down items that you need to purchase as soon as it gets over. You can note it in a magnetic white board that you can put on the fridge or make online lists or simply take a picture of the fridge before you go shopping.
Hope these organization tips for refrigerator will help you to keep your edible items fresh and avoid wastage.
Video Instructions for Refrigerator Organisation
More Tips And Ideas