- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 03-30-2012
Ripe tomatoes - 1 kg
Onion (chopped) - 4-5 nos
Salt - to taste
Chilli powder - 3 tsp or as per ur taste (increase /decrease as per ur requirement)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 5 tbsp
1. In a big vessel boil water. Wash and put the tomatoes in the water and cover it.
2. After 10 minutes, remove the tomatoes and peel off the skin. Remove the head and chop the finely.
3. In a kadai, pour oil when it becomes hot add the chopped onions. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes. Add salt and turmeric powder. Cook till it leaves the sides of the kadai.
5. Mix the chilli powder stir for two minutes. Allow to cool and put it in airtight container and keep it in freezer.
Whenever you want to make any vegetables or north indian curry, you can add this mixture. It is very handy.