- submitted by Dahlia on 01-11-2008
Ripe bananas - 2
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 tblsp
Cardoman powder - 1 pinch
Sugar - to taste
Raisins - 2 tblsp (chopped)
Cashews - 2 tblsp (chopped)
Ghee - to fry
1. Mash the bananas nicely with a masher or with hands.
2. Add rice flour, maida, sugar and cardomon powder.
3. Mix everything together to get a thick batter. You can mix with your hands or use a blender.
4. Mix the raisins and cashews with the batter.
5. Heat a griddle and pour a spoonful of batter and spread gently. It will be thicker than normal dosa.
6. Pour few drops of ghee on top. Fry on medium flame till the dosa is completely cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- This dosa can be served as a dessert or snack with some maple syrup or honey.
- Top the dosa with whipped cream or ice cream and berries. This brings out a whole new flavour.
- It can also be served as a tiffen with some chutney.
- Use brown sugar or jaggery instead of sugar for a different flavour.
- This batter can be used to make paniyarams. A variation of this is called Unniappam.