- recipe by Inara submmitted on 06-26-2008
(Ladies Finger Masala, Okra with Onion Masala, Vendakkai Masala)
Bhindi(Okra, Ladiesfinger) - 1/2 kg (1 lb)
Onions - 3
Tomato - 1
Potato - 1
Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur powder) - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
salt - to taste
Cilantro - for garnish
1. Take 1/2 kg bhindi and slit it in between .
2. Fill the mixture of chilli powder, turmeric powder, jeera(cumin) powder, dhania(corriander) powder, salt and amchur(dry mango) powder.
3. Shallow fry the bhindi and keep aside.
4. In a vessel fry onions well then add chopped tomatoes and potatoes and fry well until potatoes cook.
5. Add salt and chilli powder as required and add the fried bhindi to this. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.