- Submitted by Dahlia on 12th Jan 2008
(Broccoli Paratha, Broccoli Chapatti)
This Broccoli paratha is a small variation to the traditional parathas. Instead of stuffing the vegetables inside rolled out rotis, we grind the vegetable into a smooth paste and add the paste to the atta while kneading the dough. So am not sure whether to name it as paratha or vegetable chapatti. Whatever be the name given, it is definitely a healthy food and an easier way to eat this power packed vegetable. As you must have already noticed, I have shared many different vegetable paratha recipes in my website. It is one simple way of increasing the nutrition of a meal.
Recipe for Broccoli Paratha
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Whole Wheat flour - 1.5 cups
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Broccoli - 1/2 crown
- Onion - 1/2 (minced - optional)
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Green chilies - 2
- Garam masala - a pinch
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Carom seeds or bishop's weed (Ajwain) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for making parathas
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets.
- Bring some water to boil and add app. 10 florets to it with some salt.
- After 2 minutes remove the florets and grind it into a fine paste with turmeric powder, garlic, garam masala and green chilies.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, all purpose flour, the ground mixture, some minced onions, carom seeds and salt.
- Knead it like chapatti with required water.
- At this stage you can let the dough rest for some time.
- Make small balls similar to chapatti.
- Roll out each ball similar to making chapattis.
- Heat a griddle and put the paratha on it.
- Pour few drops of oil/ghee on top.
- Cook till both sides are browned.
- Serve with pickle, curd or some spicy gravy.
More Broccoli Recipes