- recipe by Sabina submitted on 07-10-2008
(Buttermilk Curry, moru curry, vendakkai pulissery, Kadhi, Majjiga Pulusu)
Buttermilk curry (moar kulambu) is a traditional savory dish made in southern part of india. It is usually served with rice and some spicy side dish. It goes very well with fish fry. The different variations of mor kulambu are plain mor kulambu (made without any vegetables) or mor kulambu with veggies. The veggies that are traditionally used are okra, pumpkin and cucumber. Other veggies like squash varieties(zuccini, yellow, acorn, butternut), cabbage or cauliflower can also be used instead.
The following is the recipe of okra mor curry. It is a very quick and simple recipe and is delicious with rice for a hot summer day.
Rice - 1 tsp
Toor dal - 2tsp
ginger - very small pc
G.chilli - 4 cnt (as per ur taste)
Cilantro - 2 strands
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
coconut - 2 tsp (grated)
Tumeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1 cup
Lime juice - as per need if curd is not sour enough.
musturd seeds - 1tsp
curry leave - 1 strand
Dry red chilli - 2 cnt
Tomato - 1/4 (optional)
okra - 6 to 8 cnt
Oil - for tempering
Salt - to taste
1. Grind the ingredients from batch I very well.
2. Now add the curd and grind it for about a min.
3. In a pan put oil for seasoning, put mustard seeds, curryleaves and dry red Chilly.
4. Then add tomato if needed.
5. Now add okra and fry it 3 min and add water and let it cook.
6. Once the okra is cooked add the curd mixture, add required salt and allow is to get warm.
7. Take the pan off the stove before boiling to prevent the curd from curdling.
8. It's yummy with rice, fried and spicy veggies.
- You can make pakodas and add to the curry for a different touch.