- recipe by Inara submitted on 01-08-2009
Chicken (boiled & shredded) - 1/2 cup
Carrot (chopped) - 1/2 cup (chopped)
French Beans - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Capsicum - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Green Peas - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Mushroom - 1/4 cup (sliced)
Spring Onions - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Cabbage - 1/2 cup (shredded)
Celery - 1 tsp
Ajinomoto - 1/4 tsp
Ginger - 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
Garlic - 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Chicken Broth - 1 can / Chicken Seasoning - 1 cube
Soya Sauce - 2 tblsp
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp.
Corn Starch - 3 tblsp.
Shrimp (boiled) - 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt - to taste
(can also add baby corns/corn to the vegetables)
1. Heat oil. Fry chillies, celery, garlic & ginger for 2 minutes on high flame.
2. Add all vegetables and stir fry for another 2 minutes on high flame.
3. Add chicken broth/seasoning cube, water (as required), soya sauce, pepper powder, ajinomoto, salt and chicken/shrimps and bring it to a boil.
4. Then reduce the heat & add corn starch paste. Keep stiring until the soup thickens a bit.
5. Remove from heat after 5 minutes.Serve hot with fried noodles. For garnishing use spring onions.
- If you want to add egg to the soup, When the soup is boiling at the end before adding corn starch paste, add thoroughly beaten egg and let it boil. It gives a nice taste.