- submitted by Dahlia on 01-28-2008
(Crab Cutlets, Crab Croquettes, Crab Patties)
Crab meat - 1 lb
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Potato - 1
Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
Cumin/Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Cilantro - handful(finely chopped)
Bread crumbs - 2 tblsp
1. Boil the crab, remove the meat out and keep aside. You can get crab meat from the store.
2. Boil a potato and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions and garlic.
4. Take mixing bowl, add the sauteed onions, garlic, boiled potato, shredded crab meat, cumin seeds and cilantro.
5. Add chilly powder, salt, garam masala and one egg. Mix everything together.
6. If the mixture is moist, add bread crumbs.
7. Make equal sized crab meat balls and then shape them as cutlets.
8. Fry them with few drops of oil on a hot griddle.
9. Serve as a snack or with fish biriyani.
- Boiled and mashed rice can also be used instead of boiled potato.
- You can also make shrimp cutlets
following the same recipe.