- submitted by Dahlia on 06-23-2009
Ground Meat (Kheema) - 1 lb (you could use ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey, ground lamb or ground pork)
Frozen Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
Green Chillies - 3 (minced)
Ginger - 2 " piece (crushed/ minced)
Garllic - 8 cloves (minced)
Tomatoes - 2 large/3 small (pureed)
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp (or to taste)
Corriander Powder - 2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Maasala - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Whole Garam Masala - (1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 2-3 cloves, 3 cardomoms)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tblsp
Cilantro - for garnishing (finely chopped)
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the whole garam masala(bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom and cloves).
2. Add the finely chopped onions, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes stirring once in a while till the onions turns brown in colour.
3. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and cook for another few minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10-15 minutes stirring frequently until oil starts seperating from the mixture.
5. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, corriander powder, cumin powder and pepper powder.
6. Add the ground meat and required salt and mix everything together.
(Add little water if you want little gravy. I prefer this as a dry dish.)
7. Cover with a lid and cook for about 20-25 minutes on low flame till the meat is completely cooked.
8. Finally add the green peas, garam masala and finely chopped cilantro and mix.
9. Cook for another 2 minutes and switch off. Serve as a side for chappatti, naan or pulao.