- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Broken Rava of Wheat Porridge)
Jump to recipe ↓
Lapsi Kitchdi is a simple and healthy porridge made with broken rava of wheat, lentils and vegetables.
Recipe For Lapsi Kitchdi
- Lapsi (broken rava of wheat) - 50 gms
- Masoor dal - 25 gms
- Pepper corn/cumin seeds crushed - 1/2 tsp (increase/decrease as per ur choice)
- Asafoeitida - pinch
- Oil/ ghee - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 2-3
- Chopped vegetables - 1 cup (carrot, beans, onion, peas etc.)
- Salt - as required
- Place the cooker on the stove and heat it. Pour oil/ghee, when it becomes hot add the pepper corn/cumin seed crushed. Add asafoietida and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, turmeric powder and saute for one minute.
- Add 300 ml water in it. Add the washed lapsi and masoor dal. Pressure cook for 15 minutes. You have to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom of the cooker. Alternative is after adding all the ingredients, we can put it in a separte vessel and pressurecook.
- You can have it with curd, pickle, papad or any gravy veg or plain also as per taste. It is a healthy food.
More Rava (Wheat Semolina) Recipes