- submitted by Dahlia on 12-18-2008
Shrimp - 1 lb (cleaned and deveined)
Freshly ground pepper - 1 tsp (or as per taste)
Lemon - 1
Salt - as needed
Oil - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
1. Gently scrap the zest of the lemon and put it in a bowl along with the ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, freshly ground and juice of half the lemon.
2. Add the shrimp to this and toss everything together till the shrimp is coated with the .spices.
3. Heat oil in a pan and when it is hot enough, add the shrimp.
4. Stir fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked. The shrimp curls up and becomes opaque, an indication that it is cooked.
5. Transfer it to a serving bowl. Over cooking of the shrimp will make it rubbery.
6. Serve as a side, as appetizer or toss with some veggies to make a simple shrimp salad.