- recipe by Inara submitted on 04-16-2009
Leftover Idlis - 4
Onion - 1 big/ 2 small (finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 (chopped)
Ginger - 1"piece (finely chopped)
Green chillies - 2
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
Garam masala - a pinch
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Water - 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 strand
Cilantro (coriander leaves) - handful (finely chopped)
Salt - to taste
1. Cut the leftover idlis into small cubes.
2. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
3. Add the onions, green chillies and chopped ginger and fry for few minutes till it turns light brown in colour.
4. Add the tomatoes, chilly powder, turmeric powder and cook till it is done.
5. Then add water and bring to a boil.
6. To this add the idli pieces, cover with a lid and simmer for few minutes.
7. After the idlis have absorbed all the water, sprinkle garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves and serve.