- recipe by raji ramakrishnan submitted on 03-07-2012
(Groundnut Salad, Moongphali Chaat, Nilakadalai Chundal)
Raw peanut - 1 cup
Grated coconut - 1 tbs
Curry leaves - few
Ginger - A small piece
Salt - as needed
Oil - 2 tsp
Asafoeitida - a pinch
Green chilli - 1 no
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Urid dal - ½ tsp
1. Soak the peanut overnight or 6-8 hrs in water.
2. Wash and pressure cook them or directly cook them till it is soft but not mushy with required amount of salt. Drain them and keep aside.
3. Grind the green chilli, ginger, coconut in a mixture for a minute.
4. In a kadai, pour oil when it becomes hot, add the mustard seeds and urid dal. When it splutters, add the curry leaves and asafoeitida.
5. Add the peanuts and saute for a minute. Add the grinded coconut in it and saute again for a minute.
Peanut sundal is ready to serve.
In the cooked peanut, add chopped tomatoes, onions, chopped coriander leaves, chat masala, black salt and can have it as moongphali chaat. If you wish, you can add sweet and sour chutney too with nylon sev on top of it.