- recipe by Mubeen submitted on 01-16-2010
(Kathirikkai Varuval, Eggplant fry, Bainghan Ki Sabzi)
Brinjal - 3 (cut into slices or cubes)
onion - 1/2 (chopped)
Sambhar powder - 1 tsp
salt - to taste
lemon juice - few drops
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
cury leaves - 1 spring
oil - 1 tblsp
1. Heat oil, Put some mustard seeds.
2. Once splutters,put the curry leaves.
3. Add the onion. Once fried add the brinjal cut in small pieces.
4. After frying in the oil for sometime, add some sambhar powder,salt.
5. Fry it for few more minutes till the brinjal pieces gets cooked.
6. Few drops of lemon juice can be added at the end to enrich the flavour. Without that also it tastes very good.
7. Serve with rice and some curry.