- submitted by Dahlia on 23rd Aug 201008-23-2010
(Hariyali Murg, Cilantro Mint Chicken Curry, Herbal Chicken Curry)
- Chicken - 2 lbs (1 kg)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Heavy Cream - 1/4 cup (You could also use thick coconut milk instead)
- Lemon Juice - 3-4 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Salt - as needed
- Cilantro - 1 bunch
- Mint - 1/2 bunch
- Green Chillies - 4-5
- Shallots - 3
- Ginger - 1.5 " piece
- Garlic - 7-8 cloves
Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper powder and lemon juice for at least half an hour before preparing the curry.
- Make a smooth paste of all the ingredients under 'to grind'. Try to avoid water while grinding or add as little as possible.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the bay leaf and fennel seeds.
- Add the finely chopped onions and fry till it is golden brown.
- Add the ground paste and let it cook until the oil separates from the masala. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala. Fry for about half a minute before adding the chicken.
- After adding the chicken, saute it with the masala for at least 3 minutes.
- Add required water, salt and bring it to a boil. Cover the pan and cook till the chicken is no more raw and oil starts separating from the gravy.
- Add the heavy cream to the curry and mix well. Switch off. The green chicken curry is ready to be served
- Green chicken curry can be a spicy side dish for naan, chapatti, pulav or white rice.
Serves : 4
More Chicken Recipes