- submitted by Dahlia on 01-19-2011
(Cucumber Sandwich, Egg Sandwich)
Sandwich bread - 6 slices
Butter - as needed
Cilantro - 1 cup
Mint leaves - handful
Lemon juice - 1 tblsp
Green Chillies - 5
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
1. Combine the cilantro, mint leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds, salt and lemon juice in a blender/mixie.
2. Make a smooth paste (green chutney) without adding water. The lemon juice should be enough.
3. Take 2 slices of bread and trim the edges.
4. Apply butter on one side of both the bread slices. (If you prefer, you can toast the bread.)
5. Spread a generous amount of green chutney on top of the butter.
6. Put one piece of bread on top of the other to make a sandwich.
7. You can have a plain green chutney sandwich or add few pieces of cucumber in between and make a cucumber sandwich or place an omelette in between to make egg sandwich.
8. Repeat the same with the other slices of bread. You can refrigerate/freeze the left over chutney and use it later.