- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 05-17-2012
(Sorghum Roti, Jowar Flatbread)
Jowar atta - 3 cups
Lukewarm water - 3 cups (water may be inreased/decreased according to the consistency of the dough)
1. In a bowl, add the atta, salt and mix well.
2. Slowly add the lukewarm water to the atta and knead well to get a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough into 4-5 balls.
4. In a plastic sheet, place the ball and by dipping your palm in water, slowly start patting the same to form a round shape.
We cannot roll it with rolling pin like chapati.
5. Place the same in the hot tava and apply little water on top of it.
6. When the bottom side is cooked, turn to cook the other side also.
7. Then directly cook the same on gas like you make the phulkas.
8. Apply butter on top of it and serve hot with lasun or any other chutney/pickle etc.