- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 17th Oct 2013
(Cashew Burfi, Kaju Katri)
Kaju Katli is a delicious sweet item which is liked by everyone. I was under the impression that this is difficult to make but when tried it myself, I found that it is quite easy to make it at home. Whenever you try a new recipe, you must make it in small quantities. Hence I tried with just 100 gm of
Cashew nuts -100 gm
Sugar - equal quantity as cashew after making a paste
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - a pinch
1. Soak the cashews in water for 6-8 hrs. Remove it from the water and grind to a smooth paste. Do not add water while grinding.
2. Measure the quantity of paste, take equal quantity of sugar and melt the same.
3. Add the cashew paste and cook the same in a non stick pan. Add the ghee.
4. When it starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Remove it on the platform and knead to a smooth ball.
6. You will get a nice dough of it. Flatten the same with the rolling pin, cut it into desired shape and serve.