- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 22nd July 2013
(Mango Pickle, Mangai Achaar)
2 cups Grated mango
2 tsp Red chilly powder
A pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp Salt (adjust)
Curry leaves (optional)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder.
1-1 1/2 tsp Salt (depending upon the sourness of mango adjust)
Oil 5 tblsp
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1. Heat the oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida.
2. After it splutters, add the grated mango, turmeric powder and saute the same till it becomes tender.
3. Take out from the gas and allow to cool.
4. Add the chilly powder, salt and mix well. Transfer it to a glass bottle or bharani.
Serve with dal rice, curd rice, dosa etc.