- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10-15-2012
1/4 cup Rice
3/4 cup Jaggery
1/4 cup Ghee
Raisins and Kadhi sakar (cubes)
1. Pressure cook the rice till it is soft.
2. Melt the jaggery, remove impurities.
3. Add the rice to it and cook the same.
4. Add ghee and cook the same till it forms a thick consistency.
5. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Garnish with fried cashews, raisins and kadhi sakar.
Actually, the ratio of rice, jaggery and ghee is 1:3:1 but can be reduced according to your taste.