- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10-17-2012
(Pachai Payaru Chundal, Green Gram Salad, Mung Beans Salad, Moong Dal Sundal)
1/2 cup Green gram (moong dal, pachai payaru)
2 tbs Grated coconut
1 Red chilli or green chilli
A small piece of ginger
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
A pinch of turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Urid dal.
Few curry leaves
Hing (Asafoetida) powder
1. Pressure cook the green gram or directly cook with salt, turmeric powder till it is soft but not mushy. Remove excess water.
2. In a kadai, heat oil, add the mustard seeds, urid dal and chilli. When it splutters and the urid dal becomes slightly brown, add the curry leaves and hing powder.
3. Mix the green gram in it and saute well.
4. Crush the grated coconut, green or red chillli and cumin seeds in a mixer and add to the above mix.
5. Saute for a minute and transfer to a bowl. Your prasad is ready.