- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 05-12-2012
(Puffed Lotus Seeds and Indian Cheese Curry)
Phool Makhana (Puffed Lotus Seeds) - 8-10
Paneer (cubes) - 5-6
Capsicum (chopped) - 1 small
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
Chilli Powder- 1 tsp ( or as per requirement)
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
1. In a kadai, put the ghee. When it becomes hot add the phool makhana and fry. You will get crispy makhanas. Remove them and keep aside.
2. In the same kadai, pour one teaspoon oil and fry the paneer too. when the colour changes little bit, remove from the kadai and keep aside.
3. Pour the remaining oil and add the chopped onion, saute for two minutes, add the capsicum, saute for a minute, add the chopped tomatoes and little salt and saute till the tomatoes becomes soft and you get a nice paste.
4. Add the chilli powder, garam masala, salt and a cup of water. When it boils, add the paneer and cook till the gravy becomes thick.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves. Add the phool makhana to the gravy just before serving.
Serves : one person only.