- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 09-11-2012
1 Bunch of spinach
1 Handful of peanuts soaked in water
1 Small piece of ginger
2-3 Garlic pods
½ cup Coconut
¼ tsp Cumin seeds
1 cup Curd
1 tsp Rice powder
1 tsp Gram flour (Besan)
½ tsp Sugar or sugarite
1 tsp Mustard seeds
¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 Red chilli
1 tbsp Oil
1. In a kadai, cook the peanuts till soft.
2. In the meantime, blanch the spinach, run through cold water.
3. Grind in the mixer coarsely. Add to the peanuts. 4. Grind coconut, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and mix it with the spinach.
5. Mix the gram flour and rice flour in little water and add to the mix.
6. Add salt, turmeric powder and boil.
7. Once it is cooked, add the beaten curd and allow to simmer for a minute. After adding the curd, do not boil.
8. Finally temper with the ingredients mentioned and serve hot with rice or chapatti.