- submitted by Dahlia on 02-01-2011
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup
Sweet Potato (boiled and mashed) - 1 cup
Brown Sugar - 2 tblsp
Honey - 2 tblsp (optional)
Milk - 3/4 cup
Egg - 2
Cinnamon - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 3 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Butter (melted) - 3 tblsp
1. Sift all the dry ingredients - flour. wheat flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. Seperate the egg yolks from the whites.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients - mashed sweet potato, brown sugar, honey, milk, butter and egg yolks.
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until everything comes together.
5. Beat the egg whites seperately with a hand blender or a spoon till soft peaks are formed.
6. Gently fold this in with the prepared batter. This is very important for a light and fluffy batter.
7. Preheat a waffle iron and pour required amount of batter in the center.
8. Close the waffle iron and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add an additional 1/4 cup of milk to the above batter to make it little more thinner. Pour a small amount on a heated griddle. After it browns slightly on one side flip and cook the other side.
- Serve these with any syrup - maple syrup, honey, raspberry syrup etc.
- You can top it with some whipped cream or ice cream and some berries or raisins.
Serves : 3-4