- recipe by Sabina submitted on 03-26-2008
Fenugreek leaves(methi) - 1 cup (fresh or frozen)
Potatoes - 2-3 (washed, peeled and cubed)
Garlic - 1 clove
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2-3 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and splatter the cumin seeds.
2. Add the cubed potatoes to this and cook till the potatoes are half done tossing occasionally.
3. Add salt, turmeric and chilly powder and mix everything together.
4. Next add the fenugreek leaves and cook till all the water is absorbed and the potatoes are nicely cooked.
5. Add a tsp of ghee at the end. Delicious Aloo Methi is ready. Serve hot with any roti
- A tomato can also be added along with the potato.