- Submitted by Dahlia on 19th Jan 2008
(Indian Style Sauteed Brussels Sprouts)
Brussels Sprouts looks like a miniature cabbage. It looks so attractive that you can have it as such in some salad. In this recipe, i have tried to make Brussels Sprouts poriyal similar to cabbage poriyal. It tastes excellent with sambhar rice.
Recipe For Brussels Sprouts Poriyal
Brussels Sprouts - 1/2 lb
- Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Urad dal - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Green Chilly - 1(minced)
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 5
Wash the brussels sprouts, cut of the woody stem and roughly chop it.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and urad dal.
- After the dal is nicely cooked fry some curry leaves, green chilly and chopped onions.
- Next add the brussels sprouts with salt, cover and cook for 4 minutes with some water.
- Add some grated coconut, mix everything together and switch off.
- Brussels sprouts poriyal makes an excellent combination with sambhar rice.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes