- submitted by Dahlia on 01-19-2008
Brussels sprouts looks like a miniature cabbage. It looks so attractive that you can have it as such in some salad. In this recipe, i've tried to make brussels sprouts poriyal similar to cabbage poriyal. It tastes excellent with sambhar rice.
Brussels Sprouts - 1/2 lb
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Green Chilly - 1(minced)
Grated Coconut - 2 tblsp
Curry leaves - 5
1. Wash the brussels sprouts, cut of the woody stem and roughly chop it.
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and urad dal.
3. After the dal is nicely cooked fry some curry leaves, green chilly and chopped onions.
4. Next add the brussels sprouts with salt, cover and cook for 4 minutes with some water.
5. Add some grated coconut, mix everything together and switch off.