- Submitted by Dahlia on 9th Feb 2009
(Kodamilagai soup, Bell Pepper Soup, Simla Mirch Soup)
Recipe For Capsicum Soup
Capsicum - 1 (red or green)
- Onion - 1 small or 1/2 medium
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Tomato - 1/2
- Green Chilies - 2
- Cilantro - handful
- Chicken/ Veg Stock - 2 cups
- Ground Pepper - as needed
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Olive Oil - 2 tsp
- Cream - 1/2 cup (optional)
Heat Oil in a pan, saute the garlic and onion for a minute.
- Add the capsicum (bell pepper), tomato, green chillies and Cilantro and cook till the capsicum becomes soft. Switch off.
- Puree the mixture using a hand blender or a mixie. Strain the pureed mixture to remove the seeds and skin. (Some people like to continue without straining but the texture will be different. This step is a must to get a smooth and creamy soup.)
- Add this strained soup back to the pot and add the chicken/ vegetable stock to it. Switch on the stove.
- Add required salt, cumin powder and required pepper powder. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the cream to the soup to thicken it. Alternatively, mix little corn flour with some water and add to the soup while boiling.
- Simmer for another 5 -10 minutes and switch off.
- Garnish with heavy cream, croutons, toasted bread piece, fresh herbs etc according to your taste and imagination. Serve hot.
More Bell Pepper Recipes