- recipe by Rani submitted on 08-20-2008
(Naralachi Vadi, Thenga Burfi, Nariyal Burfi)
- Fine Grated Coconut /Coconut Powder -2 Cups
Condensed Milk -1 Can(300 ml)
- Cardamom - 5 no's (crushed)
Edible food colour (any colour) - 2 drops(Optional)
- Heat a non stick pan in medium flame and add the grated coconut.
- Saute until the coconut flavor comes and check it doesn't turn brown(it takes 5 to 10 minutes).
Now add the condensed milk and cardamom.
- Saute for 5 minutes continuously until everything rolls out to a ball.
- Add color(optional) and mix it.Usually burfi is in white color.
- Switch off the stove.
- Take a plate or any non stick vessel and grease with butter.
- Pour the Burfi mixture and pat it tightly with hands.
- Keep it refrigerated for 1/2 hour for firmness.
- Now cut the Burfi with buttered knife with vertical lines.
- Turn the plate to 45 degrees and again cut into vertical lines to form diamond shape.
Cut into diamond shapes
Store and serve the burfi as dessert or as an evening snack.
- You will get around 10 to 15 burfies.
Indian sweet snack recipes