- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 28th Apr 2012
(Beetroot Sheers, Beetroot Halwa)
Beetroot (grated) - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cardamon Powder
- Melon seeds/musk melon seeds - for garnishing
Pour ghee in kadai. When it becomes hot, add the grated beetroot and saute for few minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar. Cook in medium flame till the halva leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Garnish with melon seeds.
- Serve the beetroot halva hot or cold as you like.
More Halva Recipes