- submitted by Dahlia on 12-09-2008
(Mango Lychee Ice Cream, Mango Lychee Pie)
Mango Pulp - 1 can (30 oz)
Cool Whip - 1 box (8 oz) ( You can whip up your own cream too)
Condensed milk - 1 can (14 oz)
Hot water - 1/2 cup
Plain gelatin/ Mango jelly - 2 packets (14 gms or about 5 tsp)
Lychee - 1 can (chop the lychees into small pieces)
1. Mix the gelatin/jelly packets in the water and keep stirring it continuously until it is completely dissolved.
2. Add this to the mango pulp along with the condensed milk and mix it nicely.
3. Gently fold in the whipped cream with it.
4. Pour it into individual cups or in a large serving dish and refrigerate it.
5. After half an hour when the mixture is partially set, gently toss in the lychee pieces.
6. Continue to refrigerate till it is fully set and serve as a light and finger licking dessert.
- If you put the same mixture in the freezer, you will get delicious home made mango lychee ice cream
- Put the mix in a graham cracker pie crust and refrigerate for about 6-8 hours. You have delicious 'Mango Lychee Pie'.