- submitted by Dahlia on 02-07-2008
All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 cups
Butter/Ghee - 3/4 cup (at room temp.)
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1" piece (minced)
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green/Dry red Chillies - 1 or 2 (minced)
Curry leaves - 2 strands (minced)
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Asaefoetida - a pinch
Salt - 1/2 tsp ( or to taste)
Sugar - 2 tsp
1. Mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl to get a nice dough like chappatti dough.
2. If the dough is not moist enough add 2-3 tblsp of curd.
3. Grease an aluminium foil and roll out the dough into a big circle 1 "thick.
4. Using a cookie cutter or any bottle lid, cut out into desired cookie shapes.
5. Place the cut out cookies on a greased baking dish and bake it for 15 - 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 325 degrees F.
6. Cool and store in air tight containers and enjoy for many days.
- If you do not have a cookie cutter, make small balls out of the dough and flatten it with hand like a cutlet.
- You could also make some designs on the biscuits with a knife before baking.