- Submitted by Eliza on 6th Jun 2008
(Mutton Dry Masala, Goat Masala)
Mutton - 1/2 kg (1 lb)
- Onion Chopped - 1/2 cup
- Tomato small sized chopped -1
- Ginger Garlic - 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves- 1 string
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds powdered - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric -1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped – for garnish
- Black Pepper –powdered - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
Wash Mutton thoroughly in water and drain it.
- Sauté Onion and ginger and garlic together in oil till the onion turns nicely brown.
- Add Tomato to it and sauté for another minute.
- Add the mutton pieces and sauté it for a minute.
- Add Chili powder, coriander powder, Garam masala, turmeric, salt and sauté it for another couple of minutes so that the mutton pieces will coated with all the masalas.
- Add the water (1/2 cup) and let it cook for 15 -20 minutes.
- Let it cook on simmer for another 15 minutes till most of the water is evaporated.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves, curry leaves, Fennel seeds powder and black pepper
- Serve the spicy and warm mutton masala it with chapati, rice or with dosa.
Most mutton we get to buy here (US) takes longer time to cook, if so do pressure cook this for 15 minutes.
- Similarly you could also make beef masala.
More Mutton Recipes